Amy Shojai, CABC, is a certified animal behavior consultant. She is a puppy expert, published author with 27 pet care books, and pet advocate.
- Certified animal behavior consultant
- Author of 27 books on pet care
- 25 years experience as a pet journalist
- Award-winning freelance writer on pets
- Contributed pet care and behavior to The Spruce Pets for 4 years
Amy Shojai, CABC, is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles for four years. She is the author of 27 pet care books, a certified animal behavior consultant (cats and dogs), and a nationally known authority on pet care and behavior. As a full-time professional pet journalist for more than 25 years, Amy has interviewed several hundred veterinarians and pet experts for her books on behavior, training, health, first aid, "holistic" care, and cutting-edge veterinary medicine. She has made many radio and television appearances.
Amy is an Animal Behavior Consultant, certified by the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. She has a degree from Goshen College and worked as a veterinary technician for more than a dozen veterinarians. She attends continuing education events at veterinary conferences, animal behavior classes, and dog training seminars to stay current on information important to the well-being of puppies, dogs, and cats.
Awards and Publications
Amy Shojai has been recognized with dozens of writing awards including two DWAA Maxwell Medallions awarded for her The Spruce contributions as "Best Dog Website" and three "CWA Friskies Writer of the Year" awards. She has appeared as a pet expert on Animal Planet's "DOGS 101" and "CATS 101."
- "Dog Facts: The Pet Parent's A-to-Z Home Encyclopedia"
- "New Choices in Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats"
- "Complete Care for Your Aging Cat"
- "Complete Puppy Care"
- "ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems in Your Multi-Cat Household"
- "PETiquette: Solving Behavior Problems in Your Multi-Pet Household"
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.