Amy Shojai is a certified animal behavior consultant with a 25-year history as a pet expert, media personality, and award-winning author of pet care books.
- Certified animal behavior consultant
- Author of 27 pet care books
- Has written about pets for more than 25 years
- Certified member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- Featured as a pet care specialist in The New York Times, Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, and Woman’s World
Amy contributed cat and puppy care and behavior content to The Spruce Pets for several years. She has been writing about cats (and dogs) for more than 25 years. She has won dozens of awards for her books, articles, and broadcast appearances.
Amy is a certified member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants, founder and president emeritus of the Cat Writers’ Association, and a member/volunteer with several other animal welfare and writing organizations. She is a spokesperson for the pet product industry and a sought-after keynote speaker and lecturer at conferences around the country.
She has been featured as a pet care specialist in The New York Times, Reader’s Digest, Woman’s Day, Family Circle, Woman’s World, and other leading newspapers and magazines. She regularly appears on national radio and television as an expert, including CNN, Animal Planet, Cats 101, Dogs 101, and The Today Show.
Amy routinely attends veterinary conferences and behavior seminars, and also regularly interviews other experts to keep her knowledge current.
Amy is an Animal Behavior Consultant, certified by the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants. She has a degree from Goshen College and worked as a veterinary technician for more than a dozen veterinarians. She attends continuing education events at veterinary conferences, animal behavior classes, and dog training seminars to stay current on information important to the well-being of puppies, dogs, and cats.
Awards and Publications
Amy Shojai has been recognized with dozens of writing awards including two DWAA Maxwell Medallions awarded for her The Spruce contributions as "Best Dog Website" and three "CWA Friskies Writer of the Year" awards. She has appeared as a pet expert on Animal Planet's "DOGS 101" and "CATS 101."
- "Dog Facts: The Pet Parent's A-to-Z Home Encyclopedia"
- "New Choices in Natural Healing for Dogs & Cats"
- "Complete Care for Your Aging Cat"
- "Complete Puppy Care"
- "ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems in Your Multi-Cat Household"
- "PETiquette: Solving Behavior Problems in Your Multi-Pet Household"
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.