Austin Fracchia is a freelance writer specializing in home design, DIY projects, pets, and technology. He has become an avid do-it-yourselfer who enjoys outdoor activities that often require power tools and a dust mask. Splitting his time between teaching and writing, he likes to focus on helping others express themselves in whatever medium they choose.
- His articles have appeared on The Drive, Best Reviews, and WikiHow, among others.
- Austin has been writing for The Spruce Pets since August 2017.
- He is a Communication & Rhetoric Instructor at Front Range Community College in Fort Collins, Colorado.
Whether it is building an oversized dog house or torquing down a large motor to a human-powered quadricycle, Austin enjoys a great home-related challenge. As a writer, he has covered many DIY and business topics for a variety of publications like Best Reviews, The Drive, Study.com, and WikiHow, and authored his own communication book, The Public Speaking Apocalypse.
Austin has his Bachelor's and Master degrees in Communication from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- What’s the Best Time of Year to Buy a Used Car? The Drive
- The Best Audio Mixers, Best Reviews
- The Eight Most Important Things to Know About Fog Lights, The Drive
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.