• Nationally-recognized expert in insurance and other personal finance topics
• Leading voice on life insurance, personal finance, debt, and credit card rewards
• 2015 Plutus Award for “Best Contributor/Freelancer for Personal Finance”
• Co-author of book Zero Down Your Debt, released in January 2017 (Mango Publishing)
• Co-owner of popular personal finance website, ClubThrifty.com
Holly D. Johnson is an award-winning insurance writer who covers life insurance, and other personal finance topics. She has contributed to Investopedia, The Spruce, Business Insider, Bankrate, Forbes, Kiplinger Personal Finance, Policy Genius, and Fox Business during her writing career that's spanned more than a decade.
Holly's areas of expertise are in personal finance to include life insurance, specialty business insurance, debt relief, and credit cards. She is the founder of Club Thrifty and co-author of "Zero Down Your Debt: Reclaim Your Income and Build a Life You’ll Love."
- Holly Johnson attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.