Lori Rockwell is a DVM who has been a practicing small animal veterinarian since 2007. She has worked with a variety of species including birds, cats, dogs, pocket pets, and reptiles.
- 12+ years experience as a DVM
- Experience in general practice, emergency medicine, and shelter medicine
- Owner and founder of Soft Touch Animal Rehabilitation and Behavior Consulting Services
- Currently works for a specialty house call practice
- Serves as veterinarian for Spencer Group in Minnesota and Friends of Noah in Wisconsin
- Certified in Low Stress Handling and Restraint, Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapy, and Fear Free Handling and Techniques
Dr. Lori Rockwell has been a practicing small animal veterinarian since for over twelve years, and has extensive experience working with a variety of species including birds, cats, dogs, pocket pets, and reptiles. She has worked in general practice, emergency medicine, shelter medicine and currently is in specialty house call practice. She visits her clients homes to help them when their animal is in need of physical rehabilitation or behavior modification.
Lori serves on the board of two non-profit organizations and also volunteers her time as a trainer and as a veterinarian for Spencer Group in Minnesota and Friends of Noah in Wisconsin. She is the owner and founder of Soft Touch Animal Rehabilitation and Behavior Consulting Services.
Lori received her Bachelor of Science with an emphasis in cell biology, physiology and chemistry at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater in 2001.
She became a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine in 2007.
- Low Stress Handling and Restraint - Silver Certified, 2015
- Certified Canine Rehabilitation Therapist - Canine Rehabilitation Institute, 2015
- Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner, 2016
- Fear Free Certified Professional, 2019
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.