Lorraine Wilde, M.S. is a freelance writer for The Spruce and Treehugger. She is the Owner and Strategist of the public relations and content company Wilde World Communications. She has also been a dog and cat mom for more than 30 years, including her beloved cat Buddy who lived to the ripe age of 22. In 2020, she also became a Sniffspot host.
- Lorraine has written for Spruce since June 2021 and for Treehugger since October 2020.
- She has published hundreds of articles and blogs nationally and internationally in Run Those Dogs, Parents Magazine, Leaders in Heels, Sheownsit.com, and Miss Millennia Magazine among other publications.
- Lorraine has a B.S. in Biology from the University of Puget Sound. She also has an M.S. in Environmental Science, Western Washington University Huxley College of the Environment.
Lorraine has published more than 300 articles and blogs on a range of subjects. Pet ownership and environmental science have always been her first loves. She is passionate about informing and educating readers to help them make informed choices that benefit their pets, their families, the planet, and society.
In 2016, Lorraine started her own public relations and content creation company, Wilde World Communications. Although originally from Michigan, Lorraine has called the Pacific Northwest home since 1988. While not writing, you’ll find her walking her dogs, gardening, hiking, and paddling in the great outdoors north of Seattle, WA.
Lorraine has a B.S. in Biology from the University of Puget Sound. She also has an M.S. in Environmental Science, Western Washington University Huxley College of the Environment.
- Pet Fire Safety Prevention and Planning, Run Those Dogs
- Are Pitbulls Misunderstood?, Run Those Dogs
- Fishtown: Art and Nature on the Skagit River, Adventures Northwest Magazine
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.