Madeleine Burry is a freelance writer and editor. She's written about how to care for pets for more than a decade. She has also covered health, nutrition, and other topics for many online outlets including Women's Health, Livestrong.com, Health.com, Good Housekeeping, and more.
- Madeleine's writing has appeared in a variety of publications including Prevention, Women's Health, Health.com, Apartment Theater, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo.com, What To Expect, Livestrong.com, TheKitchn.com, WomensDay.com, and Career Tool Belt.
- Madeleine holds a B.A. in European Cultural Studies and Economics from Brandeis University.
After getting her start in online media at Dotdash as an education editor, Burry went on to become managing editor for Scholastic's parent's site and associate managing editor for Parents.com.
As a freelance writer, Burry writes about a wide range of topics, including parenting, health, nutrition, exercise, and more. She's written about pets for AAA's Via Magazine, PetCareRx, and other outlets.
When she's not at her home in Brooklyn, New York, you can find her admiring puppies.
Burry holds a B.A. in European Cultural Studies and Economics from Brandeis University.
- How to Pet-Proof Your House — AAA's Via Magazine
- 8 Household Items That Are Toxic to Pets — AAA's Via Magazine
- Harnessing the Healing Power of Pets — Sharecare
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.