Madeleine Burry is a freelance writer and editor. She's written about how to care for pets for more than a decade, as well as writing about health, nutrition, and other topics for many online outlets, including Women's Health, Livestrong.com, Health.com, Good Housekeeping, and more.
- Her writing has appeared in a variety of publications including Prevention, Women's Health, Health.com, Apartment Theater, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo.com, What To Expect, Livestrong.com, TheKitchn.com, WomensDay.com, and Career Tool Belt.
- Madeleine holds a B.A. in European Cultural Studies and Economics from Brandeis University.
After getting her start in online media at About.com as an education editor, Burry went on to become managing editor for Scholastic's parent's site and associate managing editor for Parents.com. When she's not at her home in Brooklyn, New York, you can find her admiring puppies and interviewing for her next story.
As a freelance writer, Burry writes about a wide range of topics, including parenting, health, nutrition, exercise, and more. She's written about pets for AAA's Via Magazine, PetCareRx, and other outlets.
Burry holds a B.A. in European Cultural Studies and Economics from Brandeis University.
- How to Pet-Proof Your House — AAA's Via Magazine
- 8 Household Items That Are Toxic to Pets — AAA's Via Magazine
- Harnessing the Healing Power of Pets — Sharecare
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.