Paige Cerulli is a certified equine massage therapist and content writer specializing in equine topics. She has worked as a veterinary receptionist, established and ran an equine massage business, and has owned an equestrian apparel company. Today, Paige focuses largely on writing content that helps equestrians to better care for and enjoy their time with their equine partners.
Paige currently owns a small barn and is thrilled to have two Thoroughbred mares (Whisper and Lyric) and a mini horse named Mozart right at home with her.
- Certified equine massage therapist through the Bancroft School of Massage in 2009
- Experience as a veterinary receptionist
- Work has appeared in publications including American Veterinarian, Equine Wellness, and more
Paige grew up riding and caring for horses and always knew that horses would play a role in her career. She established a significant horse- and barn-sitting business before and after attending college and managed a small family barn. Paige also volunteered for a therapeutic riding program for many years, and has volunteered her grant writing talents to help horse rescues.
It was this passion for helping horses in need that prompted Paige to earn her equine massage certification. While she still practices equine massage on the side, today Paige largely focuses on her writing career. Horses continue to play a prominent role in her career, and she writes for a variety of equine-focused publications and businesses.
Paige majored in music and English at Westfield State University. In 2008 she began the 200-hour equine massage certification program through the Bancroft School of Massage. She completed the program in 2009 and used her skills to not only help other riders' horses enjoy improved comfort and performance, but to also help Whisper, the ex-racehorse she later bought, overcome some physical challenges that resulted from her racing career.
Awards and Publications
- Winner of the Creative Nonfiction category of the Plaid Horse 2018 Equestrian Voices Writing Contest
- Finalist in the 2018 Jumper Nation Blogging Contest
- Winner of the 2017 Horse Junkies United International Blogging Contest
- Publication credits include Equine Wellness, American Veterinarian, Wide Open Pets, Massachusetts Horse Magazine, and more
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.