Sarah Vanbuskirk is a writer specializing in pets. She also writes about home, gardening, and travel.
- Sarah has written for The Spruce Pets since March 2019.
- She has a dual degree in Art History and Political Science as well as a Certificate of Women’s Studies from Duke University.
- She has also written for Glamour, Self, Parents, Marie Claire, FashionWireDaily.com, TimeOut NY, GoLocalPDX.com, and many others.
Sarah began writing for The Spruce Pets in March 2019. She has also written for numerous other web sites, magazines, and newspapers, such as Glamour, Self, Parents, Marie Claire, FashionWireDaily.com, TimeOut NY, GoLocalPDX.com, pdxparent.com, and Shop Etc. After almost 10 years living in NYC and writing for women’s fashion magazines, including at the now defunct Mirabella, she moved to Portland, Oregon, where she now lives with her husband and five (yes, five) children. She recently won a Silver Award for Travel Writing from the Parenting Media Association for her PDX Parent Magazine story, “Winter Adventures, A-Z.” You can follow Sarah on Instagram @slvanbuskirk and on Twitter @slvanbuskirk.
She has a dual degree in Art History and Political Science, as well as a Certificate of Women’s Studies from Duke University.
- Field Trip: Oregon Historical Society, Pdxparent.com
- Mommy's Having a Baby, Parents
- When ADHD Is All in the Family, ADDitude
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.