Taysha Murtaugh is the Editorial Director for the Food Group on the commerce team. She joined Dotdash in February 2019. From her first gig at Meredith to her time at Hearst, Taysha has spent her career creating and editing food, lifestyle, and entertaining content. Taysha grew up with family dogs and now has a golden retriever of her own. You can follow along with their adventures on Instagram @georgethegoodgolden.
- Her work has been featured in many publications including Martha Stewart, Country Living, Diabetic Living (now LivingWell with Diabetes, a part of EatingWell), Better Homes and Gardens, and Woman's Day.
- She was a finalist for a Hearst Editorial Excellence Award and received a nod from The New York Times for her original reporting.
Like many, Taysha’s interest in food began at home. She grew up taste-testing her mom’s culinary creations, and as an adult developed a particular passion for coffee and baked goods (blame her time working at cafes and bakeries).
Taysha has nearly a decade of experience in food, entertaining, and other lifestyle content. She's penned profile pieces, recipe roundups, and food-lover gift guides and is committed to informing and inspiring readers. When she's not hunting for the best products and polishing copy, she's probably tending her herb garden, baking bread, or walking her dog, coffee in hand.
Taysha received her BS in Journalism at Iowa State University.
- Lindsey Weidhorn Is the Woman Behind All Your Favorite HGTV Shows, Country Living
- I Cooked Thanksgiving Dinner From a Box—Here's How It Went Over With My Friends, Country Living
- 20 Boozy Dessert Ideas to Liven Up Your Next Party, Martha Stewart
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.