Thomas R. Reich is a fish expert with over 50 years of experience in keeping fish. He has written books and produced videos on fish as pets.
- Over 50 years of experience in keeping fish
- Freelance writer and author of several books on fish keeping
- Video producer of documentaries on fish
- Contributed fish and aquatic content to The Spruce for over a year
Thomas is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles for over a year. He grew up in the world of tropical fish, fascinated by all things involved in the hobby. He authored the book “All You Need to Know about Tropical Fish Keeping" for beginners at age 17 and later created the Aquarium Fish Advisor website.
Thomas earned a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Marketing at the University of Tampa.
Awards and Publications
- "All You Need to Know About Tropical Fish Keeping"
- “How to Breed Live-Bearing Aquarium Fish”
- “Egg-Laying Fish, Care and Breeding"
- TV documentary “The Wonderful World of Fish Keeping”
- DVD "Tropical Fish Aquarium"
About The Spruce Pets
The Spruce Pets, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of pets website offering practical, real-life tips and training advice to help you care for your pet. The Spruce Pets reaches 10 million people each month. Learn more about us, our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy veterinarian advice.