Thomas R. Reich is a fish expert with over 50 years of experience in keeping fish. He has written books and produced videos on fish as pets.
- Over 50 years of experience in keeping fish
- Freelance writer and author of several books on fish keeping
- Video producer of documentaries on fish
- Contributed fish and aquatic content to The Spruce for over a year
Thomas is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles for over a year. He grew up in the world of tropical fish, fascinated by all things involved in the hobby. He authored the book “All You Need to Know about Tropical Fish Keeping" for beginners at age 17 and later created the Aquarium Fish Advisor website.
Thomas earned a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Marketing at the University of Tampa.
Awards and Publications
- "All You Need to Know About Tropical Fish Keeping"
- “How to Breed Live-Bearing Aquarium Fish”
- “Egg-Laying Fish, Care and Breeding"
- TV documentary “The Wonderful World of Fish Keeping”
- DVD "Tropical Fish Aquarium"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.