From the playful and affectionate little Bichon Frise to the large and gentle Samoyed, there are lots of pure and mixed-breed mutts that come with white coats.
On rare occasions, your dog may look like they have a white coat, when they actually have albinism. This is when there's a lack of pigmentation in the skin and fur, and it gives your dog's coat a white appearance. Albino dogs will have pink hues around their eyes, nose and skin.
If you have a white or albino dog, you might want to select a name that reflects their coat color.
Read our list of 50 white dog names if you're looking for a spot of inspiration.
Top White Dog Names
- Bai (unisex name meaning white, pure in Chinese)
- Bianca/Bianco (meaning white in Italian)
- Egret (a heron with white plumage)
Tips for Naming Your Dog
When you're selecting a name, don't forget this is one that you will hopefully be calling for many years to come.
You'll want to be sure it's one that you, and the rest of the family, are happy with. Don't rush to make a decision the day your dog comes home. It's better to take a few days, even observing your dog to see if they have any characteristics that could fit with a name.
If you choose something straight away and then change your mind a few weeks down the line, this will be confusing or even unsettling for your pup. It could even set any training back that you have done.
Try not to opt for something too complicated. If you pick a longer name for it's significance, make sure it's easy to abbreviate. Your dog will pick this up more easily, and it'll be less hassle when trying to call them in the park.
Make sure the name is unique. You don't want one that sounds too similar to another pet or family member in the house.
You should also make sure the meaning is correct if you're picking a name from a different language. It could prove to be embarrassing if you get it wrong!
The biggest thing is to pick something that gives you a good feeling when you say it, and that isn't too difficult to pronounce.
More Female White Dog Names
- Alba (meaning white in Latin)
- Haukea (meaning white snow in Hawaiian)
- Jasmine (after the white flower)
- Luna (after the moon)
- Olwen (meaning white footprint in Welsh)
More Male White Dog Names
- Albie (could be linked to Alabaster or Albino)
- Branco (meaning white in Portuguese)
- Dhaval (meaning dazzling white in Sanskrit)
- Fionnbharr (meaning fair hair in Irish)
- Jack (Frost)
- Kumo (meaning cloud in Japanese)
- Schnee (meaning snow in German)
- Whitaker (meaning white field in Old English)
White Dog Names Inspired by Food and Drink
- Cauli (flower)
- Chardonnay (the most famous white wine)
- Yogi (an abbreviated version of Yoghurt)
White Dog Names Inspired by Books and Movies
- Bandit (the white dog in the Jonny Quest cartoon series)
- Belle (the Great Pyrenees in the novel Belle and Sebastien)
- Bolt (the White Shepherd in the movie of the same name)
- Brian (the white dog in the cartoon Family Guy)
- Casper (the Friendly Ghost in the cartoons and movie)
- Fergus (the West Highland Terrier from the kids' book Good Boy, Fergus!)
- Gidget (the white Pomeranian in Secret Life of Pets)
- Ghost (the Direwolf in Game of Thrones)
- Snoopy (okay - we know he has black ears)
- Snowy (the white Fox Terrier in The Adventures of Tintin)
Other Dog Names
If nothing on this list has caught your eye, why not have a read through some of these dog name ideas instead.